1 cup Oat flour
2 pieces Shrimp
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon tomato purée
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 teaspoon Ginger strips
1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
2 large Carrots, chopped
1/4 cup green Peas
Scotch Bonnet Pepper to taste
Chicken seasoning cubes to taste
- Heat a frying pan and dry roast the oat flour for about 6 minutes until you start to smell roasted cereal. To get your oat flour simply blend breakfast oat in the dry ingredient part of the blender or buy the regular oat meal flour.
- Let the flour cool.
- In the meantime dress shrimps and chop into small pieces.
- Fry the onion, garlic and a little pepper tomato puree and salt for about 3 minutes stirring through. Add a little water and cook the sauce till almost dry. Add the shrimps, lower the heat and cook till shrimps are cooked through. Take off the heat and set aside to cool
- Add a little salt to flour and mix water with the flour to form a firm dough
- Place the dough in a zip lock bag or and clean cellophane bag and roll out with a rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes. Place some quantity of shrimp sauce on the oat dough, cover with same shape of dough and seal edges by pressing with a fork or your hands.
- Place coconut milk on fire. See how to make coconut milk in an earlier post. Add onion, ginger strips, pepper and chicken seasoning cube and salt to taste. Bring the milk to boil for about 3 minutes, add the curry powder, stir and drop the Oat parcels in the coconut milk. To cook on low heat for about 5mins. Add the carrots and peas half way through the cooking of the oats.
- Serve the Oat dumpling warm.