1 cup dressed Shrimps
4-6 pieces dressed Crab
4 cups cut and blanched fresh Spinach
1/2 cup shredded Uziza leaves
2 cooking spoons ground and boiled Tomatoes
1 cooking spoon coarsely ground onion/ pepper mix
1 teaspoon Iru
3 cooking spoons Palm oil
1 tablespoon Crayfish
Beef seasoning to taste
Salt to taste
- Pick, wash and cut the Spinach into medium size chunks. Boil enough water to cover the leaves. Pour boiling water over the spinach ensuring that all the leaves are well steeped in the water for about 1 -2 minutes. Quickly drain out the hot water and steep vegetables in cold water. Drain off the cold water, squeeze out excess water in the spinach and set aside. You will notice a bit of slime as you squeeze, so press hard to get rid of some of the slime. Do not worry about the slime because it does not appear like this in the soup.
- Pick wash and shred the Uziza leaves and set aside. You shred into very thin slices like you will do for Okazi or Afang
- Heat the palm oil, fry the onion/peppermix first and then add the tomato, crayfish, Iru, seasoning and salt to taste. Allow to fry until the water in the tomato mix is dry.
- Add the seafood, lower the heat and allow to cook till done.
- Take out the shrimps, add first the Uziza and allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Add the spinach last stir to mix well and allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pot, stir well cook for 1 more minute and the Spinach and Uziza Seafood Eforiro is ready.