The blood red color of beets gives a cheerful note to salad and potato dishes. They are rich in folate, potassium, iron, magnesium, fiber and other important nutrients.
- Beets are anti-anemic. Drinking 50 – 100ml of raw, freshly prepared beet juice before meals twice a day provides the greatest anti – anemic effect.
- They have an alkalizing effect on the blood. They are highly recommended in case of gout, increase in uric acid levels in the blood.
- They contain vegetable fibre, which facilitates intestinal action, and also decreasing blood cholesterol level.
They are anticarcinogens.
Preparation and use
-- Fresh Juice: The flavor of beet juice is unpleasant and may be mixed with other juice.
- - Grated raw: Beets prepared in this way may be dressed with lemon and oil.
- - Boiled: Cooked beets are more digestible. They should be boiled for at least an hour