Do you know that no matter how healthy you eat? You can still put on weight if you’re eating too much.
Regain some portion control with these simple tips:
· Eat with smaller plates and bowls, you’ll have a smaller portion and still feel satisfied
· Aim for two portions of vegetables on your plate. This helps to cover your plate with low calorie filling food, leaving less room for higher calorie ingredients
· Veg Sticks – carrot, celery or cucumber sticks. You can enjoy these low calorie snacks if you feel hungry in-between your meals
· Eat slowly. It takes about 20mins for your stomach to tell your brain you’re full. When you eat fast, it’s easy to over eat.
· Turn off the TV, eating in front of the TV, can mean you eat more without noticing or enjoying your food.
· Weigh your food. Use kitchen scales to weigh your ingredients before you cook.